Egg Pizza without Eggs or Pizza
Because egg decorating is to Easter what turkey is for Thanksgiving - drown me in it so I can miss it for a year - I'm decorating 'pizza eggs"....without pizza or eggs. I'm making flatbread pizzas but using naan bread and, in the spirit of Easter, couldn't resist making decorating them. Go ahead judge me.
Naan is always ready-to-use. A busy mom's most appreciated feature It's like a thin crust pizza that's portion-sized which allow you to make various types. And with some simple and fresh ingredients it takes little time to prep and after a toast in the over we've got food on the table.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees
- Top naan with thin layer of mozzarella cheese to hold toppings *See list of topping ideas below
- Toast for 10-15 minutes
If you have ingredients for sandwiches you can make naan pizzas. If you have ingredients for pasta you can make naan pizza. Truthfully I could stop at cheese and my kids would be happy but of course I don't (I need to live too) and thankfully they annihilate these things every time.
These are some blends I make with stuff we usually have in the fridge
- thin apple slices, asparagus, gorgonzola (or blue cheese crumbles)
- cheddar with chives
- deli ham with sectioned pineapple rings
- pastrami with spinach
- tomato with black pepper
- spinach, cranberries and goat cheese
- Basil and halved grape tomatoes
- kalua pork drizzled with hoisin sauce and cilantro
- leftover grilled chicken
- drizzle of store bought pesto
- dust with cumin add peas and raisins. After toasting drop small heaps of hummus
- leftover steak strips
- topped with onion and green peppers
- add mushrooms more cheese. After toasting add arugula
I could eat pizza every day of the week if I wanted a heart condition and didn't have to pay for childcare but you know.