Broccoli Puree (Adult-friendly)
Fast easy and tasty. An adult-friendly puree that the little ones will be ok sharing
In a medium stock pot
*remember that a minimal amount of chopping is needed since everything will eventually get pureed
- saute 1/2 of a small onion and three cloves of garlic
- add 3 large crowns of broccoli chopped into chunks
- add enough chicken stock to cover broccoli
Boil until the broccoli is tender enough to break up with a whisk. Turn off heat.
- add two handfuls of fresh spinach *this adds a boost of nutrients and makes it vibrant green
- add 1 cup of grated white cheddar
Blend with a blender stick in the pot OR transfer to blender. Season to taste. Add more chicken stock to thin out if desired. The heat should be enough to melt the cheese and the blender stick should puree everything into a smooth and tasty soup.
Serve it with whole wheat sandwich bread toasted in the oven with a blend of Dublin White Cheddar and chopped up cherry tomatoes.