Family Valentine's Day
Valentine's Day. That sweet sweet day that's dedicated to romance with the love of your life...and two little pairs of eyes staring at you both across the table. And since I can barely use the bathroom without a heavy pair of feet charging in through the door they certainly won't be left out of this either.
So some simple sweets that can be made with the help of the littlest desert chefs.
- Marshmallow sandwich on Brownie. Bake brownies in muffin tin. Split in two layers after coming out of right. Tuck pink marshmallows between layers. Place back in muffin tin and let residual heat melt mallows.
- Strawberry Chocolate Sticks. Dip pretzel sticks into whites chocolate. Allow excess to drop off. Roll in chopped up freeze-dried strawberries
- Dark Mini-Cakes. Make chocolate pancakes (recipe below). Serve with fresh strawberries and drizzle with store-bought caramel.
- Warm milk. On low heat warm white chocolate with milk. Serve with pink marshmallows and grated dark chocolate.
- Combine wet ingredients:
- 1 cup milk (1/2 cup milk and 1 bar of dark chocolate)
- 2 tbsp white vinegar
- And let sit while combining dry ingredients in a separate small bowl (see below)
- Then mix 1 egg to wet ingredients
- Combine dry ingredients:
- 1 cup all purpose flour
- 2 tbsp white sugar
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- Add dry ingredients to wet.